TPP Tele Town Hall Tonight: Health Care Repeal with Congressman Steve King
(Deadline: 1pm EST)
Good Morning Patriots,
Wednesday will be a historic day in the United States House of Representatives. The Health Care Bill (ObamaCare) will finally come to a repeal vote and while we are expecting it to pass, this is only the first step in the process. Many people in the media and some in the Washington are saying that this is simply a symbolic vote or that it is a mistake for the Republicans to focus on this as their first priority in the 112th Congress; but do you feel like all of the hard work you have committed to the Tea Party movement and to rejecting the government takeover of health care was a mistake? Is the Tea Party movement nothing but a symbolic force in American politics today?
NO! Time and time again over the last two years, we the people have rejected the irresponsible legislation that has been rammed down our throats and there is no time to stop.
Tonight, Tuesday, January 18, 2011 at 8pm EST, Tea Party Patriots will be hosting a Tele Town Hall Meeting to discuss the importance of the Health Care Repeal Vote, the things that citizens can do to ensure its passage, and how we can put pressure on the Senate to bring the bill to the floor for a vote. So far, Congressman Steve King from Iowa, the author of the Repeal legislation has confirmed that he will be on the call and we are awaiting confirmation from one other member of Congress.
They accuse us of only having the ability to protest but we continuously come together to discuss better solutions. They say we are never willing to compromise but maybe the politicians could learn a thing or two from us about not wavering when it comes to principles. So let us stand once again, shoulder to shoulder, let your voices be heard.
1. Sign up for the Tele Town Hall Here (Deadline 1pm EST)
2. Tomorrow, call your Congressmen and ask them how they plan to vote. Tell them how you'd like them to vote and thank them if they are voting the way you want them to. Click here to contact your Congressman.
3. Call your Senators and urge them to bring the bill to a vote in the Senate. Click here to call your Senators.
4. For more ways to participate in creating real policy solutions for our nation, register for the Tea Party Patriots American Policy Summit in Phoenix, AZ on Feb. 25-27th.
5. Donate to help fund the Tele Town Hall. We plan on holding many more of these in the months to come!
Your Tea Party Patriots National Coordinator Team,
Debbie Dooley, Jenny Beth Martin, Mark Meckler, Sally Oljar, Diana Reimer, and Dawn Wildman
TPP Support email: email@example.com